- March 21, 2018
6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
It’s time for our second meeting!
Please join us for the second regular meeting of the Rotary Club of Comox Valley! Our last meeting was a great success and we’re ready to build on that momentum with a focus on getting to know each other and to begin organizing some service activities!
Don’t forget to bring some cash (small change) for Happy Bucks!
For this meeting, there are 2 ticket options:
- Dinner and door ticket – this includes access to the TRIA Catering dinner which offers a delicious vegetarian soup, fresh focaccia bread from True Grains bakery (with olive oil and balsamic for dipping), and a charcuterie platter (offering a variety of cheeses, sliced meats, marinated/pickled/raw vegetables).
- Door ticket only – for those who prefer not to eat, this covers the room cost only.
Agenda will be as follows:
- 6:30pm – doors open for socializing
- 7:00pm – Meal
- 7:20pm – Happy Bucks ($1 for personal news, $2 for business-related announcements)
- 7:30pm – Introduction to directors and committees
- Meet the Directors, discover the purpose of the committees, and decide how you might contribute.
- 8:00pm – President update (Rotary International and District news)
- District Training and Conference 2018 – Tacoma, May 2-4
- Celebrating Rotary event – April 5, 6-8pm
- CR: Rotary Honours Concert, April 14 @ Tidemark
- CR: Dancing & Tapas, April 21 – raises money for wheelchairs
- Courtenay club: Book Fundraiser. April 24, evening VIP sale and launch event.
- Comox club: Souper Rotarians program at Lake Trail School.
- Name Tags
- Club Finances – update on club costs and our plan for the collection and use of funds.
- 8:30pm – Vote on bylaw amendment
- 8:35pm – Club goal-setting
- 8:45pm – Social event (table speed networking)
Venue Phone: (250) 941-8810
Venue Website: www.40knotswinery.comAddress:
Located on 24 stunning acres, 40 Knots is the largest grape winery in the Comox Valley, and one of the largest on Vancouver Island. Our goal is to grow ultra-premium grapes on Vancouver Island