General Meeting – Tuesday, 4 May
- 6:30 – 7:00: Networking
- 7:00 – 7:10: Welcome, opening & Happy Bucks
- 7:10 – 7:15: Invocation by Nikki
- 7:15 – 7:45: Guest presenter: Bev Agur from Broombusters
- 7:45 – 8:15: New Member induction (Jeff Lucas), Happy Bucks, Rotary Makes it Happen Auction and Foundation minute.
- 8:15 – 8:25: Upcoming Dues and Update on existing and upcoming Service opportunities
- 8:25 – 8:30: Wrap up
Please note: The agenda above is a guideline only. Our online meetings may end earlier than anticipated.
Guest Speaker: Bev Agur from Broombusters
Bev is a retired physiotherapist who moved to the Comox Valley in 2009. The following year she became involved in Broombusters as the group was expanding from its base in the Qualicum Beach area. Last year 111 volunteers spent over 1475 hours cutting Scotch Broom in the Comox Valley. Bev has been married to Scott for the past 49 years. Their two adult children live in Ontario and Minnesota and these days they, like many, are missing spending time with them and with their grandchildren. When not cutting broom Bev enjoys hiking and knitting (but not at the same time!). She is Paul Harris Fellow (nominated by the Rotary Club of Strathcona Sunrise) and received a Volunteer Award from the City of Courtenay for her work with Broombusters.
Please join us for an online Zoom club meeting of the Rotary Club of Comox Valley! Not a member? Feel free to come and see what we’re all about.
To help us plan meetings better we ask that members RSVP/register online. Please complete the form below to reserve your spot.